ISO New England undertakes many projects and initiatives for the continued development of the region’s wholesale electricity markets. Stakeholders can stay up-to-date on market projects by following them from introduction to implementation:
The Customer Readiness page guides market participants on how to prepare for project-related changes to ISO systems and processes.
- The ISO’s Annual Work Plan (AWP) is where large market projects (as well as all major corporate projects) are introduced and described.
- The Wholesale Markets Project Plan (WMPP) describes the current status of market initiatives. The WMPP is published biannually in summer and winter. The report allows readers to follow the progress of market projects, including each project’s:
- Estimated start of the stakeholder process
- Design status
- Estimated earliest effective date
- The MC Two-Month Look-Ahead Forecast shows which projects are likely to be discussed or voted on in upcoming meetings of the Markets Committee.
- Meeting agendas and materials on the Markets Committee page provide relevant materials on projects being discussed with or voted on by market participants.
- For select long-term projects, the Key Projects page groups together all related information for stakeholder convenience.
- The Closed Market Design Projects document lists projects that have completed the market design phase and review by the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) or were determined to have no further action required.